BizNGO Annual Meeting 2018 Setting Goals & Driving Progress
December 4-5, 2018
University of Berkeley, Clark Kerr Campus Krutch Theatre
- Networking: made new and deepened existing relationships.
- BizNGO Work Groups – Alternatives Assessment, Chemicals, & Policy: highlighted work from the past year and set the stage for work in 2019.
- Goals & metrics: take goal setting and metrics to next stage of development with best practices and alignment to UN Sustainable Development Goals.
9:30 Setting Audacious Goals
- Mark Rossi, Clean Production Action
- Joel Sigler, Kaiser Permanente
11:15 Small Group Discussions
- Setting audacious goals for chemical footprint reduction.
- What do you think of a chemical footprint reduction goal of 50% by 2030?
- What are your concerns with such a goal?
- What do you like about such a goal?
1:00 Chemical Footprint Project: Demonstrating Leadership
- Sally Edwards, Lowell Center for Sustainable Production
- Cheri Peele, Clean Production Action
- Philip Ivey, Milliken & Company (invited)
- Lauren Zulli, Herman Miller (invited)
- Cristina Indiveri, Vizient
2:15 Small Groups & Report Backs
- What examples of chemical footprinting are you aware of?
- How can BizNGO support NGO and business efforts at calculating chemical footprints?
3:30 PFAS – Demands for Safer Alternatives
- Facilitator: Sue Chiang, Center for Environmental Health
- Jen Jackson, San Francisco Department for the Environment
- Hollie Davies, King County Local Hazardous Waste Management Program (invited)
- Meredith Williams, California Department of Toxic Substances Control
9:00 Transparency: Rising or Declining – the Evolving State of Government Policy
- Ansje Miller, Center for Environmental Health
- Martin Wolf, Seventh Generation
- Terri Goldberg, Interstate Chemicals Clearinghouse (invited)
- Sarah Doll, Safer States (invited)
11:00 Hazard Assessment in Standards
- Facilitator: Shari Franjevic, Clean Production Action
- Erin Gately, EPEAT
- Wes Sullens, USGBC (invited)
- Wendy Vittori, Health Product Declaration Collaboration
- Alexandra Muller, International Living Future Institute
1:30 Discussion: Hazard Assessment in Standards
3:00 The Power of Purchasing
- Paul Ashford, Anthesis
- Bob Himler, Rite Aid
- Mike Schade, Mind the Store Campaign
- Ron Jarvis, Home Depot (invited)