Training: Managing the Chaos of Chemical Lists
Learn how to effectively use chemical lists to proactively avoid known chemicals of high concern to human health or the environment
Organizations of many kinds are creating lists of chemicals of concern and related restrictions, from regulatory agencies to manufacturers, brands, large scale purchasers, retailers, and NGOs. It can be overwhelming to track and manage these lists. Existing lists are constantly changing, and new lists are being continuously created. Learn about the thinking behind these lists and how tools including GreenScreen List Translator™ can help in the evaluation and prioritization of chemicals for your organization. Learn how restricted substances lists (RSLs) are embedded in the Chemical Footprint Project Survey and the best practices companies are using to create and manage their lists of chemicals of concern.
At the end of this course participants will be able to:
- Evaluate the criteria behind an external list of chemicals of concern.
- Create a list of chemicals to track and/or take action on.
- Select external lists to comply with and be able to comply.
- Create a systematic approach, using GreenScreen List Translator™, to proactively manage chemicals of concern lists.
- Articulate how chemicals of concern lists are integrated into the CFP Survey.
Get the class-by-class breakdown here.
Learn more about CPA's 4 course program.